This Level 3 First Aid at Work (Refresher) course allows people who have a current First Aid certificate to renew that qualification for another 3 years.
The whole syllabus is covered in 2 days instead of 3 and assumes that the delegate has remembered most of what they had learned: knowledge and skills.
This course is recommended for delegates who have undertaken annual refresher courses and who have retained their knowledge and skills as there is not sufficient time to reteach all of the topics covered on this course.
You cannot sit this course unless you have a First Aid at Work qualification that has not expired.
In choosing delegates an organisation should consider
- covering different venues and shifts
- whether that officer would be available to administer first aid
- whether the individual has in your opinion the capacity to physically & emotionally to carry out the requirements of the role
• Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
• Resuscitation and AED awareness
• Assessment of the situation
• Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
• Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
• Fractures and spinal injuries
• Heart attacks
• Control of bleeding
• Head injuries
• Eye injuries
• Chest injuries
• Sprains and strains